By Gayatri on August 6, 2014
Pineapples are loaded with vitamin A and C, fiber, potassium, phosphorous and calcium. They offer a wide range of health benefits, some of them are explained below:
1. Prevents Free Radical Damage: Pineapples are a rich source of antioxidants. They fight against free radicals in the body, preventing cell damage. These antioxidants help protect you from diseases like atherosclerosis, heart diseases, arthritis, various cancers etc.
2. Thwarts Off Cold: Pineapples are abundant in vitamin C and bromelain, which fight against microbial infections. Eating pineapples with the prescribed medicines can help cure cold and cough effectively.
3. Strong Bones: Rich amount of manganese present in pineapples helps in strengthening bones and connective tissues. A cup of pineapple juice gives you roughly 73% of the required manganese for a day.
4. Healthy Gums: Eating pineapple benefits in strengthening your gums, keeping your teeth healthy and strong.
5. Macular Degeneration: Macular degeneration is a condition in which adults lose their vision, making difficult for them to read and recognize things properly. Beta-carotene present in pineapples empowers vision and should be consumed regularly for eye health.
6. Anti-inflammatory Action: Pineapple fruit is very much known for its anti-inflammatory properties which prevent inflammation in arthritis patients and gives strength to the bones.
7. Cures Sinusitis, Sore Throat, Gout, Swellings: Pineapples are a great source of bromelain which help prevent sinusitis. Pineapples are also effective in curing sore throat, gout and swellings.
8. Anti-cancer Properties: The abundance of antioxidants in pineapples helps fight against free radicals. This halts the process of cell damage, preventing several types of cancers.
9. Atherosclerosis: Free radicals cause atherosclerosis which can be easily prevented by antioxidants in pineapples.
10. Heart Health: Powerful antioxidants keep free radicals away and lower the cholesterol levels, preventing heart diseases. Include other heart healthy foods too for a healthy heart.
11. Immunity: Vitamin C in pineapple boosts your immune system due to its strong antioxidant effect. Here is another excellent post to know more about vitamin C rich foods.
12. Digestion: Bromelain, vitamin C and dietary fiber are abundantly present in pineapples which promote digestion.
13. Bronchitis: Pineapple is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It helps in reducing inflammation in bronchial tubes which generally arises due to bronchitis.
14. Catarrh: It is a disorder of inflammation of the mucous membranes in one of the airways or cavities of the body. This disorder can be prevented by eating pineapples regularly.
15. Prevents Hypertension: If you’re suffering from high blood pressure and trying to prevent it, you might want to consider the pineapple diet for hypertension. Higher amounts of potassium and lower amounts of sodium in pineapples help maintain normal blood pressure levels.
16. Treats Intestinal Worms: Pineapple contains the digestive enzyme bromelain. A diet rich in pineapple helps clear certain intestinal parasites such as tapeworms.
17. Relieves Nausea: A key benefit from pineapple juice intake is that it averts nausea or morning sickness. This is quite useful for pregnant women who usually experience nausea. It also helps people who are looking to go on airplane trips that usually cause motion sickness
Let’s Party Arusha! Pineapple Hot Sauce
Heat Level 6 out of 14
Crushed Pineapple, Cayenne pepper Lemon & Lime Juice Honey Salt, Cane Juice , Carrot Juice, Shallots, Garlic Pulp, & Onions.